Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From the Window of the Train

In my last post, I wrote that I felt like I had gotten onto a train whose destination was sale of the house. The train has left the station and I'm looking out the window, as I did many years ago when I traveled by train between school in MA and home in OH. The towns and cities that I'm seeing rush past my window are the house showings (we've had three so far) and the decisions being made about the actual move.

I'm considering hiring a "Personal Organizer." I know! You always thought I was well organized, so why would I need one of those? I met with one this week and was impressed with the services offered. I'm thinking of using her company to pack everything that we will take to Beacon Hill at Eastgate, supervise the movers, and unpack all the boxes at the apartment on moving day. At the end of the day, our kitchen cabinets will be settled, our clothing hung in closets, the bed made, and our pictures hung and all the boxes and packing materials will have been removed.

With those jobs out of the way, we'll be able to concentrate on settling into our new home. I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment